Custom Back Covers for the S4Tips

1. teddyrockspin198

teddyrockspin198 New Member

Does anyone know where i can get a custome made plastic snap on back to replace the one thats already on the phone, i am wanting to put my own photos on a case and have it replace the back thats currently on the phone.

I dont want a case that the phone sits in if that makes sense, i am looking for the actual battery cover only.

please help

Advertisement
  2. Riche101

Riche101 VIP Member VIP Member

Not sure if anyone does that sorry just custom cases
  3. Shocky

Shocky Well-Known Member

I've only ever seen them on ebay but I wouldn't recommend them, users who have tried them have reported negative effects on mobile signal, Wifi, GPS and NFC.
  4. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

5. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

Here's a copy/paste of a review I did on a battery cover (second paragraph) a few months ago. I'm still using the battery cover and I get a lot of compliments on it. The clear TPU case is also still on my phone so that you can see the beautiful cover.

I agonized over what cover I wanted, so I ended up buying more than one. I also bought a really pretty battery cover.

First one I bought was the Elago Slim Fit in Camo Green for $9.99. I think it's already been covered in this thread so I didn't bother with photographs. I do like it, but it doesn't feel like it gives the phone much in the way of protection if I accidentally drop my phone. Plus it shows fingerprints on the back, which to me seemed hard to wipe clean. I also found the side button holes to be a pain in the butt. I feel like I need to use my fingernails to get down in there just to push the buttons. Pretty all in all, but not something I will use every day.

This was my second purchase and is what caught my eye on Amazon and what led me to my third purchase: Tonyyan Flower Embossed Battery Cover Housing for $1.99 + $4.99 shipping = $6.98. One might think that because it was made and shipped from China that it would be cheap. It's anything but. I'm extremely impressed with the artwork, the detail, and the fact that the battery cover fits like a glove. I ordered it on Aug 15th, but not sure when it was delivered since I just got home yesterday after being on vacation... it was in the mailbox. This battery cover is stunning, and since I love Asian designs I will more than likely purchase a few more of these.

My third purchase was the AmazonBasics Protective TPU Case in Frosted Clear for $5.99. Not much to say about this one other than it's perfect for showing off my new battery cover. Hard to explain how this feels because it's slick but sticky at the same time. Has a nice lip around the front edges so you can place the phone face down without the glass touching the surface. The buttons on the side of the phone are easily pressed with this case, too. I really like this case and would recommend it to anyone who loves TPU cases.

Now on to the photographs!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    king lion likes this.
  6. skramblr

skramblr Well-Known Member

The original poster asked about a replacement cover with a photo on it and specifically stated they did not want a case. All the answers above are for cases - not what she wanted.

I think a closer option is to use skins. These are vinyl labels that stick to the existing cover. I've use skins before on some of my phones to change their appearance and they work pretty well.

There are several vendors that will do skins using your photos. The below is a random link to one I saw using google search. I have no experience with this vendor.

Design Your Own Samsung Galaxy S4 Custom Skin - Samsung Galaxy S4 (S IV) Custom Cases & Skins