• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Custom Behold 2 Kernel.. ODIN Ready. 1.5

@ BH_MAN, hey is it true you are getting close to porting over HTC Sense over to our Behold 2's! If this is so, then wow that makes me happy! What OS version would that be? Still 1.5? How close are you to doing this? Will it be easier to do this than to get a custom kernel so that we may run 2.1 Galaxy, or do they both need the custom kernel? Thank you so much!

Upvote 0
@ BH_MAN, hey is it true you are getting close to porting over HTC Sense over to our Behold 2's! If this is so, then wow that makes me happy! What OS version would that be? Still 1.5? How close are you to doing this? Will it be easier to do this than to get a custom kernel so that we may run 2.1 Galaxy, or do they both need the custom kernel? Thank you so much!

I've Not touch Hero yet, but should be easy enough to Port, but!
Things like Wifi & Vibrate & maybe the Camera won't work.

Right now I'm not sure what will or wont work... Been Editing the Kernel & Optimizing the BH2 Stock no Twiz Rom.. I should have Both done today or tonight...

Likely will be Next week before I can even start on the Hero Port, but, I have High hopes for it. :)

Upvote 0
I've Not touch Hero yet, but should be easy enough to Port, but!
Things like Wifi & Vibrate & maybe the Camera won't work.

Right now I'm not sure what will or wont work... Been Editing the Kernel & Optimizing the BH2 Stock no Twiz Rom.. I should have Both done today or tonight...

Likely will be Next week before I can even start on the Hero Port, but, I have High hopes for it. :)

Hmm Sense takes alot of memory. I dont think its that realistic on the galaxy, even with swap.

I wonder how this will run once its out tho...

TAT Home

Upvote 0
I'm running the "BH2 stock w/o twiz" now. I never got the update so I put that Rom on and went on vacation. I come back to find great progress, so thanks.
I have the Odin and the ADB setup...
Do I put the "Root_boot.tar" to the Boot Image and run as one package?

You run it as the PDA package... I would hold off though.. I'm updating the kernel edit to fix the SU issue of having to chmod 04755 at every boot so SU works for Rooted app's

Upvote 0
Should work fine.. I can edit the Kernel's Ramdisk, but I just couldn't get past the boot loop when trying to add the new kernel into the odin package I was using with Hex.
Perfect so now we have a 100% way to get a fully updated phone (kernel+system).
I dont know if other people have this problem, but with TouchWiz, or even your custom rom (no touchwiz(but still touchwiz settings)) I always have a problem with the phones clicking and buttons sounds turning back on if I put the phone in vibrate mode then back up to sound again. Every time they come back and I have to go into setting to turn them back off even though it says 0 for the sound level.

I hope that made sense, do you have suggestions for this, because it is really annoying. Plus I will loose my ringtone even though it shows it the current one, it will ring as the default ringtone??????????:thinking:

Upvote 0
Perfect so now we have a 100% way to get a fully updated phone (kernel+system).
I dont know if other people have this problem, but with TouchWiz, or even your custom rom (no touchwiz(but still touchwiz settings)) I always have a problem with the phones clicking and buttons sounds turning back on if I put the phone in vibrate mode then back up to sound again. Every time they come back and I have to go into setting to turn them back off even though it says 0 for the sound level.

I hope that made sense, do you have suggestions as to this, because it is really annoying. Plus I will loose my ringtone even though it shows it the current one, it will ring as the default ringtone??????????:thinking:

you need to change the customer.xml in /MPS it's one of the file in that folder.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones