• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Custom binary blocked by frp lock

Burrzy

Lurker
Feb 3, 2017
Hi! So I've had a problem with FRP lock in the past, but I solved it really easily. This time however, I'm pretty stumped on what to do.

Someone in my class thought it would be a great idea to take my phone and turn FRP lock back on, and disable USB debugging, then turn the phone off. When I try to start my device I get the message saying "Custom binary blocked by FRP lock." I've tried downloading firmware and using odin to flash it, but it always fails because the FRP lock is on, or the program crashes completely. It's reached the point where odin doesn't even add my device, and my phone doesn't show up when I view the "computer" folder from my computer. Is there any way to fix this? Or will I need to get a replacement phone?

I have a Rooted Samsung Galaxy S6

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones