Custom Boot Animation Help

Last Updated:

1. drinky84

drinky84 Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. bearsfan85

bearsfan85 Well-Known Member Developer

that was a guide for the 1.5 g1 that doesnt have touchwiz so its a little bit different on the bh2. You need to pull the framework-res.apkk off the phone through adb and edit it from there than push that back onto the phone

3. microhaxo

microhaxo Well-Known Member Developer

Thats because the behold 2 image files are packaged file systems. You have to mount them in linux as vfat or just use loop and let it detect.

Unrar the initial .md5 and then you have access to the system file which then needs to be mounted.

Or

just adb shell into your system with the rooted kernel and get/replace what you want.

4. deadinside

deadinside Well-Known Member

I have a question on this, I could not find a similar thread about it. I am trying to replace the 20 png files for the samsung animation. I got the framework-res.apk from the phone.

Now, do I have to repackage the .apk file? or can I simply just add the files to the .apk via a zip program? I did try the 2nd item and it failed to have the boot screen, so I may just be missing something here.

5. bearsfan85

bearsfan85 Well-Known Member Developer

you have to make sure they are exactly the same size as the ones u are trying to replace but what I do when I change stuff in the apk I use winrar and extract the folder im working in such as res then modify what I need in res then drag and drop back into winrar with the apk open

6. deadinside

Makes sense, I think what failed for me is that the height was way higher.

7. bleufox99

bleufox99 Well-Known Member

8. deadinside

I have attempted this twice now. But have issues with the market not working after the update.

What I have been doing is renaming the original to framework-res1.apk and pushing the new updated version with my boot to it and testing it in the shell with the bootanimation command.

After rebooting the market seems to crash and can no longer install, update or remove applications with the default uninstaller. I have always just removed the new framework-res.apk and renamed the old one back, but the issue still persisted. It will go away if I do a restore of the flash.

Has anyone else had this issue before?

9. Nu11u5

Nu11u5 Well-Known Member Developer

I would see if a memory wipe will fix the market issue.