• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root custom boot screen.

I'm interested in seeing some picks. Also, what else have do you have to modify the devour. I have been searching for about a month and I finaly rooted and I would like to flash a good rom onto it but it looks like none exist for it.

Devour, The red headed step child that Motorola and Verizon beat and killed.:(

Upvote 0
Aight. Well ill probably just post a vid of it on youtube sometime soon and just post a link for y'all to see on here. I'm tryin to figure out some of the bugs and smooth it out a lil bit. It soemtimes will get stuck on the custom "M" screen I made and just loop for ab 30 seconds and fire up like nothin changed. But ill show probably make a tutorial on how to make a custom boot screen soon. All it is is a looped slideshow that has the verizon logo at the end. Just go download the devours framework-res off of the 2nd thread on this topic and go to I wago to the assets folder. The images folder. And then the blur_0000 through blur_0044 are th bootscreen. Blur_0000 through blur_0014 are the "M" flashing logo. The others are the "Verizon" video playthrough thing. So just edit them and push the file and go for it. Ill upload mine later this week. And for the love of God make a back up. Bad mistake there. Haha

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones