Custom Cases???Accessories

Last Updated:

1. oshi-k

oshi-k Member This Topic's Starter

This might be a little noobish BUT...

Is there ANYONE out there who can make custom phone cases? I would love a custom wood case for my DX say, in cherry or beech. Also would love one made of denim, maybe stretch denim somehow.

Just thinkin and thought I'd ask. Other options for us girls who love our phones.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. akita

akita Well-Known Member

3. JazzMat

JazzMat Well-Known Member

You can get anyone to do anything....

...for a price. ;)

4. herbivore

herbivore Well-Known Member

I would think the denim one would be fairly easy to come by. Just go to any sew shop and ask if they can do it. In my experience those types of places have some pretty talented people.
    The wood one may be a bit trickier. It would take some very precise work on strong wood like ash or something. I really don't know if it can be done.

5. JazzMat

JazzMat Well-Known Member

As an amateur woodworker with professional training, of course it can be done. And it can be done in cherry, beech, or any similar hardwood with no problem. But it will cost you a pretty penny. To do a lined one-off with a closure... that's going to cost serious money. Production work brings down costs based upon volume. Doing a quality custom case out of cherry to order would cost at least two or three times the price of the phone.

6. oshi-k

oshi-k Member This Topic's Starter

Two or three times the price??? Ugh. BUT as I'm an artist myself I can appreciate a craftsman's work. Would I just hire a craftsman to do this? A nice blonde wood would be beautiful. Indigo denim would be awesome with white stitching somewhere showing.

Thank you everyone for your ideas! Much appreciated.