Custom Dialer - BH_MAN Galaxy 1.6 R8

Last Updated:

1. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone, I did some customizing to the dialer in BH_MAN's Galaxy 1.6 R8 ROM. I've never been a big fan of the circular buttons on that dialer, and I also adjusted the menu logos to match the font color.

It's quite simplistic, but if you're like me and don't want those circular buttons, here ya go.

Thanks!

Download Here >>> Galaxy 1.6 R8 Custom Dialer

1. Download Contacts.apk
    2. Open Command Prompt and ensure you have adb working properly.
    3. Push from the location you saved the file to /system/app
    (Example, mine looks like: adb push c:\androidcustom\Contacts.apk /system/app )

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Advertisement
  2. jdmfa5

jdmfa5 Well-Known Member

Just noticed, the Contacts tab FCs.

3. spiz

Interesting... mine isn't doing that. The only thing that was changed was the image of the dialer buttons, so it shouldn't be force closing on you. Perhaps someone that better understands that sort of thing can help here.

I'm fairly new to this, but like I said, I just edited the image. Anyone else having this problem?

4. bleufox99

bleufox99 Well-Known Member

you may want to apply the same png files to Phone.apk so the in call dialer matches

5. jdmfa5

jdmfa5 Well-Known Member

Do you mean use the file in here and rename it as TouchWizContacts.apk and TouchWizPhone.apk?

6. bleufox99

bleufox99 Well-Known Member

since this is for Galaxy 1.6 it should be Contacts.apk and I'm assuming it is. If you install it on BH2 1.6 it won't work. I was just letting spiz know for the in-call dial pad to put his same images in Phone.apk the same way he made the Contacts.apk

7. spiz

Thanks for noticing that... I completely forgot about it. I'll do that tonight when I get the chance!

8. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

Coming Soon to R10 ( I know another Build ).... Thanks to Drakaz.

Attached Files:

9. spiz

Very nice... kinda like the Nexus One. :)

Any chance R10 could come with no themes? Just straight vanilla for the most part? Unless of course you wanted to do the Darkstar app tray again, cuz that's pretty sleek.

But I love the dialer!

10. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

Read my Mind.. Going add all the Fixes and everthing... but yeah I'm tired of Themes my Self.

11. xblue95

xblue95 Well-Known Member

BH_MAN, any time frame on R10 arrival? I was gonna load up R9 from R8 because of the Kernel changes, I'm still having trouble with random reboots, about 4-5 a day. Which is a huge improvement over 10-12 I was having before loading Galaxy ROMs. R6 was pretty bad with this for me! Not trying to rush you, I know you're a busy man! We appreciate all your late nights! Just didn't wanna waste time with R9 if R10 is soon behind.

Someone with the power can delete this from this forum, I posted this in the wrong forum, ment to post in Galaxy 1.6 forum

12. lviv73

lviv73 Well-Known Member

Some one should start a "Theme" thread so it be easy to find them,i agree with Spiz,next rom should be without themes and lite as possible.

I do love your theme though,it would be even better if you could add color/glow to buttons(if its possible) like this X10 theme [MetaMorph] Xperia X10 Fasttest3.1/CM4.2.15.1/CM5.0.7 - xda-developers or just make it pitch black like twiz,i dont know if its just me but default android dialer color scheme is blend to look at.But square buttons is deffinetly better.