1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Custom Home Screen Bookmark Images

1. wizkitten

wizkitten New Member

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to make it so the shortcut > bookmarks I have on my home screen show up as full-sized icons.

At the moment some are showing up full (IGN, for example), while others are showing up as red flags with smaller favicons visible.

I hate the inconsistency so I am hoping there's some way I can create/add my own pictures to replaced the red flags.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

NOTE: Using Samsung Galaxy S2 X (Telus) - 2.3..i think.

Advertisement
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

TouchWiz (stock Samsung interface) does not support custom icons. What you can do is either install Desktop Visualizer, which basically puts little widgets of custom size on the screen. These little widgets are then set to act as shortcuts to the bookmark or app you want. They also have customizeable looks.

Or you could install a new launcher off the market (I use Go Launcher). Just long press on the shortcut, select replace>custom icon>then choose the icon you want from your gallery.