• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Custom HTC HERO Rom 1.5 super FAST - SCREWED UP MY HERO

3rd-Geer

Android Enthusiast
Aug 5, 2009
So, I'm still trying to screw with this "quick one click" update and it doesn't seem to be the case. I've been screwing with this phone for about 30 minutes and to be completely honest the process did seem SUPER easy and was very specific and straight to the point.

My problem is that after the last step when adding the ROM, it tells you to install update.zip and after that simply select reboot. Well.....after selecting reboot it did just that.....rebooted me and brought me straight to a DEAD BLACK SCREEN. The screen wouldn't allow me to exit out or shut down at all.

Now I have a paper weight.....that allows me to only ROOT.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Silly question but have you pulled the battery out for a few minutes and put it back in?

Reason I ask, my Hero stopped responding once (not doing firmware upgrades though), as if the battery had completely died even though it still had charge. Pulling the battery and turning the phone back on solved the problem.

Upvote 0
So, I'm still trying to screw with this "quick one click" update and it doesn't seem to be the case. I've been screwing with this phone for about 30 minutes and to be completely honest the process did seem SUPER easy and was very specific and straight to the point.

My problem is that after the last step when adding the ROM, it tells you to install update.zip and after that simply select reboot. Well.....after selecting reboot it did just that.....rebooted me and brought me straight to a DEAD BLACK SCREEN. The screen wouldn't allow me to exit out or shut down at all.

Now I have a paper weight.....that allows me to only ROOT.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

turn on ur phone by pressing home key and power button can you can into recovery mode?

Upvote 0
YES dazdenni,,,,,,,that whorked. It took a bunch of times but I kept doing wipe then install of the zip...WORKS NOW THANK YOU!!!

Now.....I CAN CONFIRM THIS DAMN THIS IS FAST AS ALL HELL!!!! Pretty amazing how fast it is...it's like night and day.

Thanks for the additional help everyone.

Upvote 0
YES dazdenni,,,,,,,that whorked. It took a bunch of times but I kept doing wipe then install of the zip...WORKS NOW THANK YOU!!!

Now.....I CAN CONFIRM THIS DAMN THIS IS FAST AS ALL HELL!!!! Pretty amazing how fast it is...it's like night and day.

Thanks for the additional help everyone.

glad all worked for ya.

i guess you can create another thread with

Custom HTC HERO Rom 1.5 super FAST - BOOST UP MY HERO

:p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones