• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Custom Hydrographic printed cases.

Some friends and i have opened a Hydrographic printing shop, it's called Liquid Transformations in Spokane Wa. It's the process where you lay a film with a pattern on water and spray it with activator, the film then turns to liquid, then you dip the part (phone case, gun parts, car dash)
into the water/film and it sticks to the part. It has been featured on american chopper several times, SUPER cool stuff.
I have some quick examples from my own Evo case collection. If there's any interest i have several hundred pattern choices, also we would like to extend a 10% discount to everyone from the forum. Our website is under construction but you can see my patterns at Liquid Transformations - Local Business - Spokane, Washington - Photos | Facebook
I have a few more patterns than are on the site, will get them posted soon.
Thanks for checkin it out!
Jeff.

Attachments

• IMG_20110525_123241.jpg
    IMG_20110525_123241.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 124
Ive seen some articles on this and always though it was a cool idea. I do have a question though about what kind of limiting factors is there to the designs? Such as if I had a design I would like to put on my phone case but dont see it under your designs, could we still do it such as a sports team logo? I also have a tattoo that I think would be interesting for getting put onto a phone cover, the thing is its pretty intricate and uses multiple artistic styles, would that be possible?

Upvote 0
There are some limits, the films come from china and are pre printed, custom films are available but expensive, but there are currently around ten thousand patterns to choose from. I do have a vinyl plotter and can cut lettering or logos and use them for a mask to do reveals, like flames made out of carbon fiber, anything!

I see, I have a tattoo that involves both traditional Japanese art with modern art and is a bit on the complex side with sharks, marlin, dirt bikes, street bikes and nautical stars.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones