Custom icons and notification bar

Last Updated:

1. merciers

merciers Active Member This Topic's Starter

I just rooted my phone and I know you can download icon packs and use better cut to specify what icon you want for a specific application, I was just wondering if there is an easier way to just load the icon pack and it will somehow replace the current default icons?

I also was wondering if there is any way to "theme" the notification bar. I would really like to make it transparent, but I don't want to use open home or ahome. I am sure there is an image sitting somewhere that I can change?

Thanks and sorry if these are noob questions, I just rooted my phone a few hours ago.

Advertisement
  2. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

To change icons, you have several ways of doing it:

One, you could simply pull the apk that you want, go in and modify the png file, the push the apk back (there is more involved, but this is the short version). Or, being as sometimes doing this doesn't work due to file size/etc you have to do the same thing, but instead of pushing the file back, you must re-sign the apk.

You could also find a signed zip of the icons you want and flash it though recovery.

As for changing the notification bar, same concept. You would pull the necessary apk file, browse with 7zip, find the necessary png to change to transparent, do so, etc etc.

For reference, if you look at the guide I did about creating custom lockscreens, you might (or should at least) get an idea of how some of this is done.

merciers likes this.
  3. merciers

merciers Active Member This Topic's Starter