Custom IconsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. SyDTRaKKeD

SyDTRaKKeD Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was wondering if someone could direct me to some good custom icons that I could use with Launcher Pro? I don't use the labels on apps so I would prefer icons that are self explanatory (that don't require labels, just images).

.... I was also thinking of using some custom icons I have on my computer

Do I need to resize them? Or will they automatically shrink down to the proper size?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. JAS_21

JAS_21 Well-Known Member

I'm using some from market. It's called ibox icons. There's 3 sets. They look like iphone icons but with borders. Of course you need an app like bettercut to use them. The icon packs are free, and I think bettercut is like $2. It's well worth it in my opinion. Bettercut also allows you to use any picure or png file as an icon. You can even crop pictures as icons.

3. SyDTRaKKeD

well.... the thing is... i'm using Launcher Pro and Anycut(free btw) and it allows you to use your own customized icons (you just can't change the label)... so thats what i'm looking for...

I think its png format that i saw some others using...

4. SyDTRaKKeD

well... i'll probably just end up using custom icons for my desktop...

so my real question is: Do I need to resize them for my phone?

5. JAS_21

JAS_21 Well-Known Member

I use launcherpro also. Bettercut and anycut do same thing. The only difference is you can edit the icon name with bettercut. Hut that doesnt matter because you're hiding em.

As far as picture size goes, i have some custom icons that were pretty large, and they did shrink down automatically. I just like the icon pack because they all have same borders. I would post a screen shot, but I don't have access to a pc.

SyDTRaKKeD likes this.
  6. JAS_21

JAS_21 Well-Known Member

I use launcherpro also. Bettercut and anycut do same thing. The only difference is you can edit the icon name with bettercut. Hut that doesnt matter because you're hiding em.

As far as picture size goes, i have some custom icons that were pretty large, and they did shrink down automatically. I just like the icon pack because they all have same borders. I would post a screen shot, but I don't have access to a pc.

7. JAS_21

JAS_21 Well-Known Member

Sorry for double post.

8. SyDTRaKKeD

thanks... I'm broke rite now so any free route I can take is good for me rite now...

at least now I know I can test some of my icons I already have!

9. SyDTRaKKeD

ok... so I thought AnyCut was able to change the icons of shortcuts but am I wrong? Or am I just doing something wrong?

Hopefully just doing something wrong...

10. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

With anycut you can change the label of the icon, but not the icon itself. There is a create your own feature, but I never could figure out how to use it.

11. jhewit22

jhewit22 Well-Known Member

I am a graphic designer and love creating new icons. I use BetterCut on my phone and change out my icons on a regular basis...gives a whole new fresh look. I didn't think BetterCut cost anything though...I think it is a free app? It gives you the ability to change both the icon and the tag, which is the only app I've found to do both.

12. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

13. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

You can also create custom shortcuts with Folder Organizer Lite. You need to change the icon in the Folder Organizer Lite app, then create the shortcut (+ > Shortcut > FolderOrganizer item > Apps > Then select the app you want the shortcut for.

FolderOrganizer lite [abcOrg] v2.3 lite Application for Android | Tools

You can also use this app to create folders with custom icons.

Best of all, its a lot quicker that BetterCut and its free.

mms1946, jreed2560 and SyDTRaKKeD like this.
  14. SyDTRaKKeD

15. KennyJive

KennyJive Member

Folder organizer is much better. What I want is a custom market app thats white and blue. Ive seen one on a custom rom but im unable to root. Anyway i can get said icon?

16. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

I love Folder Organizer but is there a place where I can get other icons or an icon pack that I can use with Folder Organizer?

17. KennyJive

KennyJive Member

Do a market search for "Icon Packs" and you should get a decent amount or if you're looking for something basic....

http://sites.google.com/site/themonsterstack/eclair_icons.png

and just edit them in an image editor. Be sure to save them as .png and be 48x48 for the best results. Just made blue ones for myself and pink for the lady. Very nice.

18. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

Thanks Kenny I just realized that all those icon packs work with Folder Organizer.

19. jhewit22

I am a graphic designer and can try and make it for you. PM me your email address and I'll send it over when I get it done for you...probably sometime tomorrow.

20. jhewit22

Or how about I just upload it so others can use it too if they want...

blueicon.png

It's not an exact copy of the original market app, but I like this one better. If you want the original one to be blue, let me know.

EDIT: It is a PNG file, so there won't be a white background around it when you put it on your phone...it will have a transparent background.

21. effluent

effluent Well-Known Member

So where exactly are icon packs stored? I dl'd some icons off the net but is there somewhere to store them where they'll show up like other icon packs? I know where the images are on the sd card, but I want to be able to choose it as an icon pack because I want to put custom icons in the Launcher Pro Icon bar. There's an option to use any image you like, but whenever I try that it force closes. So I guess I need to change the default icons so I can choose 'default image' and have that be the custom icon. Hope all that makes sense..lol

22. SyDTRaKKeD

ya thats what i do... i just change the icon using folderorganizer lite and then for the dock when it asks i just use default icon....

im looking for a complete set of icons... more minimalistic.... ive found some but most of the minimalistic sets don't include popular apps like BofA and stuff like that....

Anyone know of a really complete Minimalist icon set???

23. CrazyKnight128

CrazyKnight128 Well-Known Member

Tha Icon

Theres an icon pack made by a member here called the phlash i use a bunch of his icons i like them alot.

24. SyDTRaKKeD

I have that one... im trying to find something more minimalist... i think i found a couple that will do... they just don't have a big variety within them...

Im also trying to avoid the iPhone look... which is tough since almost all packs are somewhat modeled after it...

25. effluent

effluent Well-Known Member

I've seen a few sets that look nothing like iPhone icons, but for some reason the icons are very tiny..too small to want to actually use.