Custom incomng text ringtone and firmware update

Last Updated:

1. the General

the General Member This Topic's Starter

So I had a blackberry and you could set custom SMS ringtone. Can you do this on my new htc dream phone

And how do you update the firmware for the android os

Advertisement
  2. the General

help?

3. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

For firmware updates go to HTC Website and see the latest is available...they give instructions.

SMS custom ringtone not sure about but maybe handcent or chompsms will give you that option. Maybe somebody will confirm this for you.

4. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

if you mean individual sms ringtones for different contacts, i'm not sure that's possible (?)

if you just want any old mp3 as an sms (or whatever) ringtone, there's plenty of free apps to do that (i use tonepicker) or you can just create a folder called "notifications" and they'll appear in the default selection list (that way they don't show up in the music player, unlike with tonepicker etc)

folders called "ringtones" and "alarms" will similarly make the files inside available as ringtones and alarm sounds respectively

5. the General

where do I create this folder

6. acoole

acoole Well-Known Member

In the root of the SD Card(the home of the SD Card, the start folder), create a folder called notifications, in this put whatever mp3 you want to play for the text message, now go to settings, sound & display and go down to notification ringtone and select your preffered ringtone for notifications.