• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Custom Kernel

Quick question - after getting the alessi kernal and andmelk loc rom, I can't get internet over 3G, just wifi. I have the e720b from bell, thinking it might be part of the problem. Anyone else experiencing this, or can someone give me the e720b kernel to flash and test?
For myself the kernel works great but people were having problems with that custom rom so I never used it. You might be able to use the LG updater to return to original stock rom but I am not sure (I am guessing you didn't do a Nand backup before flashing). Goodluck!

note: I think that custom rom is based on LG stock rom from the EU (Italy) so maybe that has some thing to do with it?

note2: Looks like they have an update or is the 2.0 the one you used? http://translate.google.com/transla...optimus-chic-overclock-lag-fix-16439/&act=url

Reactions: nickwarren
Upvote 0
For myself the kernel works great but people were having problems with that custom rom so I never used it. You might be able to use the LG updater to return to original stock rom but I am not sure (I am guessing you didn't do a Nand backup before flashing). Goodluck!

note: I think that custom rom is based on LG stock rom from the EU (Italy) so maybe that has some thing to do with it?

note2: Looks like they have an update or is the 2.0 the one you used? Google Translate

On v1.1c wifi worked but 3G didn't and now on v2.0 neither work. Could you point me towards the 'LG updater'? And also if you have a e720b any chance you could give me a backup of your phone OS (I know thats asking a lot.)

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones