custom keyboard

Last Updated:

1. mik3_cl

mik3_cl Active Member Developer This Topic's Starter

i've rcently changed ROMS and liked the keyboard on the previous....is there a way to get the virtual keyboard from one ROM to another?
    is it an APK?

Advertisement
  2. bp328i

bp328i Well-Known Member

What was your previous ROM and what ROM are you running that you want to add it to?

mik3_cl likes this.
  3. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

I think so...but I wouldn't recommend it for the most part cause depending on what ROMs your going to and from, there could be compatibility issues.

I would recommend this site here: http://www.gimpsta.com/themer/index.php

This site will let you design your own HTC IME keyboard (i.e. the Incredible's virtual keyboard). It is a great keyboard and YOU get to personalize the keyboard the way you wanted it. I'm bored so I decided to show off my Sapphire support...so I created a keyboard to go with my Wallpaper ;)

Version 26 for Froyo has worked on all of the Froyo ROMs I have flashed. The version 27 Froyo did not. You may have to play with various version if running 2.1...I'm not sure what works and what doesn't.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here are couple more I made just to give other examples ;) I think I've made about 7 or 8 different ones...it only takes a couple of minutes. Even made my wife one and used MS Paint to create a .bmp file with her name to match here pink themed phone...no screenshots of that...but a nice touch.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

mik3_cl likes this.
  4. mik3_cl

Was running Kangorade now Simply Stunning, liked kango's virtual keyboard better and I would like to able to carry it over....

5. mik3_cl

i will give it a go.
    thanx!

6. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

7. cggorman

cggorman Well-Known Member

Simply Stunning uses the stock Android keyboard...as far as I'm able to remember. The screen captures above all appear to be themed variations of the HTC_IME keyboard. beyond that, I can't help.

8. hnb1988

hnb1988 New Member

I would like to custom a key on keyboard, how can I do.

EX: I would like to change text key "Send" to "Submit" and change backgound color of this key.