Custom Notification Causing Boot Loops

Last Updated:

1. hibrad2005

hibrad2005 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey All, I have tried this on 4 Different Roms (Smoked Glass 4, 5, 6 and Nextheme 0.9) And no matter what I do, if I use a custom sound for notifications, the phone upon restart will boot loop indefinitely, and the only way I can make it stop is to VERY quickly slide the mute left so the phone is muted the next time it boots, then it stops, or if I cant get that to work, I have to restore from a nandroid backup. I have the files on my sd card in /media/audio/notifications All lower case (but have tried with a cap) The only things that hasnt changed, is that I have only tried mp3 files. But I also tried, by using the Zedge Ringtones App to the same effect. Whats the deal? Any Ideas?:confused:
    Currently running Nextheme 0.9 ESE81 R3
    BaseBand C_01.3E.01P
    Please Help :)
    Edit: Also worth note as it may help, its only notifications that causes this issue, custom ringtones and alarms are fine. Even using the same short (8 second) Mp3 as a ringtone causes no issue. And the mp3 plays in the list of notifications when you select it, as it should. The only thing i can think of is possibly that the phones mp3 decoder loads after the boot up sound? Is that even logical?

Advertisement
  2. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

I had this happen with my stock Droid and a custom notification. The odd thing is that it stopped when I switched it to the stock "Droid" notification and then back to my custom notification...

3. hibrad2005

hibrad2005 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, Tried that and it didn't help :(. I even used RSD Lite and wiped ALL the way back to a stock Verizon image, and lost all my apps, etc. And its still doing it, I wish I knew why its doing that. I have had a friend try the file on his droid, it worked fine.