Custom Ring Tone for Text MessageSupport

1. BassnMan Mike

BassnMan Mike Member

First off, I've been a lurker for quite awhile now, great information site.

Can I assign a custom ring tone for yext messages on my Infuse and if so how?

Also, can I do the same for Calander events?

Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. bdp8lax

bdp8lax Member

Yeah you can do that all you need to do is put the custom ringtones or sounds on the sd card in the notifications folder in the media folder. That's how I have mine set up and I can use them for calender and message notifications
  3. Garen21

Garen21 Active Member

Kinda random, but isn't the notification sound really low? Whenever I get a text I can barely hear it.
  4. BassnMan Mike

BassnMan Mike Member

Thanks, thats simple enough.
  5. crazytank7

crazytank7 New Member

100% YES!!! if i am not right next to mine i can not hear it go off.:mad:
  6. Timmmeh

Timmmeh Member

Go to settings>sound>volume then adjust notification volume. It's out of the box setting is low. This is where you adjust all your volumes individually ie: incoming call,media,system, and notification volume. if it's still low then maybe the custom sound you chose isn't good quality b/c my custom notifications and ringtones are super loud. Hope this helps
  7. shann071090

shann071090 Member

ringolite with ringsextended apps
  8. dkandroid

dkandroid New Member

Do you have some instructions for a newb as to how to make this folder move? Thx :))
  9. RAP1656

RAP1656 New Member

I don't have a media folder or a notifications folder. Could it be because I haven't created a account yet?
  10. richram

richram Member

can you put ring tones on text messages for each contacs
  11. livingproof73

livingproof73 Member

I downloaded an app from the Market called GO SMS along with GO Launcher and the SMS program allows you to set individual sounds to contacts.
  12. mills2533

mills2533 Well-Known Member

13. th3ju99anaut

th3ju99anaut Member

I just download themed sounds from the Zedge app...

I always wanted the "Mail Motha****a!!!!" from the movie "Euro Trip" and they had it....never changed it since. :)
  14. TonuStark

TonuStark Active Member

none of the suggestions above solved the question. Other then installing an app there should be a way to receive sms sound. While I have Ringtone and Notification working, notification is only for incoming gmail. So haw is the messaging tone set? it can not bes set in settings>sound the 2 selections are only for the 2 I've just spoken about.
  15. merrpanda

merrpanda New Member

When i set a custom ringtone to notifications for text alert, it doesnt actually work. The text alert is always the same little 'ding'. :confused: How do I get it to work?
  16. mills2533

mills2533 Well-Known Member

Since your gmail notifications seem to be working, that means you probably have the notification sound set in Settings.

One additional place you need to set a tone is within the Messaging app itself. Go to Messaging. When you have your list of threads showing, tap the menu button and go to Settings. All the way at the bottom is a setting to select ringtone.

The navigation may be different depending on what version of Android you are on but check the settings in the Messaging app instead of just in Settings > Sound.

wolfen69 likes this.