Custom Ring tones per contact don't workGeneral

Last Updated:

1. dalumberjack

dalumberjack Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have my default ring tone set. I then went under contacts and set certain ring tones for my wife, family etc... I had my wife call me and it rings with the default ring tone.

I have tried everything and nothing seems to change. Anyone that calls that I have a preset ring tone for, it just uses the default for the phone.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. bigvinny

bigvinny Well-Known Member

Haven't got to that point yet (had it for less than 13 hours, with 3 hours to play around... work day stinks). I'll get back to you on that as soon as I can (probably tomorrow).

3. TPR300C

TPR300C Well-Known Member

Mine work fine. I have custom ringtones for several of my contacts and they all ring accordingly

4. dalumberjack

I drained the battery so i am letting it charge. Once It is done, ill pull the battery and see it that helps.

Wish there was an app like quick pull for android that simulated a battery pull like it did for the bb storm.

5. dalumberjack

Fixed: I had to pull the battery and now it seems the ring tones for certian people have taken affect. Weird but just happy it works now.

PS for anyone that reads this. When I went to VZW to get a case today, I had them look up the extended battery in the computer. It now DOES show up in the computer. The CSR said that when accessories like this show up in the computer its usually 1-2 weeks away from being available in the store.

I want my extended batter!

6. dalumberjack

I bring this back up as my ring tones stopped working again.

It seems that after a while the phone just uses the default ring tone.

My thought / question is, with my task manager program, am I killing a certain program that controls the ring tones? I don't think I am but if someone could shed some let or let me know that there is a program running on this phone that controls stuff of that nature it would be good to know.

7. pequeajim

pequeajim Well-Known Member

How did you get to a point were you can assign a ringtone to a specific contact? I can't find this?

8. Quake1028

Quake1028 Active Member

If it's like the Droid, you press menu when you are in a contact, then options.

As to the OP: I have mine setup for certain people as well. My fiancee's ring seems to only be around 60/40 that it works. Frustrating.

ETA: This is on my Moto Droid.