custom ringtones in handcent sms?

Last Updated:

1. may2700

may2700 Well-Known Member

i know you can set custom ringtones for specific contacts but can you add to the list of ringtones that are in handcent sms with your own custom one so it uses that ringtone for everyone?

Advertisement
  2. may2700

may2700 Well-Known Member

i think i found a really long work around but it works. i imported the mp3 into music. used ringdroid to make a ringtone then set it for all notifications, then went into handcent and selected it for the ringtone. then i had to go into all the other programs that have notifications and reset them cause ringdroid sets all of them to the ringtone you just created. like i said, really long work around
  3. pokrmn

pokrmn New Member

Import song and use Ringdroid to create ringtone then save it as notification and it will pop up in Handcent. :D
  4. spawnfreak

spawnfreak New Member

The best way I've found to add custom notification tones for anything on Droid is to hook it up to your computer, create a file named notifications on your SD card, and copy your ringtone folder into it. Kinda sucks having the same ringtones in two folders but it's the easiest way I've found.