Custom Ringtones (New User)General

1. bt204

bt204 New Member

This is my first smart phone, so I know this question may sound very stupid. I want a custom ringtone as well as text message tone and I've tried to look up how to make them show up but the advice I've seen hasn't worked for me. I am going into what I believe to be my SD card (it's called MOT (G:) and adding a folder called "ringtones" and a folder called "notifications". I take the MP3 file and place it inside of each of these. Then I disconnect my phone from the computer, go to Settings>Sound>Phone Ringtone or Notification Ringtone. The ringtone is not listed under either of these. Can anyone help me to figure out what might be wrong? Thank you!

Advertisement
  2. cbreze

cbreze Well-Known Member

I use ringdroid from the market and with it I can edit then save the ringtones into various files , so if I want an alarm ringtone I save it to alarms, notification to notifications etc.
    FWIW: There is an entire crap load of excellent ringtones on crackberry easily sent to your email then download right on your phone then they show right up on ringdroid. Anyway this works for me. Just sign up to CB, takes a minute.
    bt204 likes this.
  3. cdf3

cdf3 Well-Known Member

I installed Go SMS as my text message application. The app adds it's version of a ringtone picker. I set it as the default when I was prompt to choose between it's version and the ringtone picker that comes preinsatlled on the phone. The one by Go SMS allows me to select a Music category. In that category, it lists all of the ringtones and audio files I've added or downloaded.
  4. bt204

bt204 New Member

Thanks, this has been really helpful. You guys were really quick to respond and I appreciate it!
  5. Ultimateone

Ultimateone Well-Known Member

Go sms also can help you customize text tones per user.

Ringdroid is awesome also
  6. DMU

DMU New Member

New User here,

I just wanted to say Ringdroid worked awesome for me. Thanks, cbreze.

Dave
  7. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

Dave ... welcome to Android Forums.

... Thom