Custom Ringtones/Notifications & Music PlayerSupport

Last Updated:

1. starjade77

starjade77 Member This Topic's Starter

I hope someone can help me...I've downloaded some custom ringtones and notification tones onto my SF. However, they all end up in the music player.

I don't want to hear my ringtones and notification tones while I'm going through all my music...

Does anyone know how to get keep these custom ringtones and notification tones out of my Music Player?!? And where should I put them.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Create and move them to folders called ringtones and notifications on your sdcard. That way when you need them you know exactly where to look

3. starjade77

starjade77 Member This Topic's Starter

I tried that but no luck...

Any other ideas?

4. Alrg

Alrg New Member

I dont know of any way to get them out of the music player, but this is what i've done

put your ringtones/notification/mms tones on the sd card under media/audio/ringtones or whichever tone it is, thats where the phone wants them anyway, and make sure they have NO id tag info. then, in the music player they will show up under the unknown folder.... at least this way they aren't all over your list.

5. sho95

sho95 Well-Known Member

Or you could create a playlist with all the music only.

6. seanatsb

seanatsb Well-Known Member

Does anybody have a better/real solution. These work-arounds are ok, but don't really solve the problem.

Even when they files are in the unknown folder, they still show up all over the playlist when you have your songs listed by song title.

And making a playlist of all songs only, takes a long time, but doesnt solve the problem of when I want to make additional playlists; i'll still have to go through all the damn ringtones when looking at the songs.

7. sho95

sho95 Well-Known Member

How about this:
    Moving ringtones from media player. - Android Help

8. mandirae16

mandirae16 Well-Known Member

i can't seem to figure this out either. It worked on my eris with the .nomedia file. But no matter what I do on the Fascinate the ringtones still show up in the music player. very frustrating. I think I just found one thing I don't like about this phone.

9. seanatsb

Thanks, but doesnt work for the fascinate. All my ringtones and notifications are in specified folders, but the media player still reads them.

I tried putting a .nomedia file in the folder, which prevented the media player from seeing the ringtones, however it prevented other programs from being able to see the ringtones, so I couldnt use the ringtone as a ringtone, so using .nomedia is not a solution to the problem.

Seems like this is a problem that cannot be fixed???

10. seanatsb

Here's a solution that solves the problem completely, but will require Root. See this link: http://androidforums.com/fascinate-...cinates-system-files-folders.html#post1762889 .

Someone else posted some possible solutions at this link, but not sure how well it resolves the problem on the fascinate because this was done on older samsung phones, but worth a shot if you don't root. Removing ringtones from Samsung media player - xda-developers