• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Custom ringtones suddenly not working

I get my ringtones using Zedge, and I have a custom ringtone for most of my more frequent contacts. Today they've suddenly stopped working. The default tone (which is also custom) plays no matter who's calling. I tried un/reinstalling Zedge and redownloading them, didn't help. Yesterday I did some clean up (on SD card only) using ASTRO File Manager. I thought maybe it was possible I deleted something that was essential for fetching custom settings, in which case I'd probably just have to restore my system (rather not do that, obviously). But I would think, if that were the case, the tone I have set to default wouldn't work either.
I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if they've been able to fix it without resetting the system?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones