Custom Ringtones/Text Sounds?

1. badass_tweety

badass_tweety Member

Hello, I had a verizon razr v3 for two years, I am now waiting for my Droid Eris to arrive. My question is this: Is the Eris Ringtones locked like the verizon razr v3? Had to hack the razr so I could add ringtones. Will I need to do this with the Eris?
  2. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

You wont need to "hack" the Eris to add ring tones, but you cannot remove the ring tones already on the phone
  3. badass_tweety

badass_tweety Member

Thank you very much for the imput, much appericated
  4. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

No problem ... welcome to the site
  5. badass_tweety

badass_tweety Member

Hi, I just recieved my Droid Eris today and I am loving it. I put my own ringtones on an SD card, then put that into my Eris, I now have my own ringtones, my only issue right now is how do I set up ringtones for each of my contacts, that part I have not figured out yet. Thank you for any help.
  6. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Rdit the contact ... below the email field will be the ringtone field. It will say default, click it and select the ringtone of your choice
  7. badass_tweety

badass_tweety Member

I do thank you, I have tried all day to do this simple task.
  8. badass_tweety

badass_tweety Member

Hi,
    I really thank you for your help. I really don't mean to be a pest or anything. I am still learning....When I used my razr v3 for text messageing, I could send a text to ten people at the same time, can I also do the same with the Eris? If so, how?...Again I thank you so much
  9. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Yeah, just keep adding people in the "to:" field
  10. badass_tweety

badass_tweety Member

Thank you...I have one more issue with my Eris, I tried sending a text message and this is what I get....."SMS Error..Radio Interface Resource Shortage" what is that and how do I correct it?
  11. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Never seen it ... sorry :confused:
  12. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

try to cut down your list of people sent to 5, sounds like 10 freaked it out.
  13. badass_tweety

badass_tweety Member

I only sent to one.
  14. Caddyman

might had your signal flake out, is this a recurring problem or a one time thing?
  15. badass_tweety

badass_tweety Member

yes its a recurring problem. Everytime I try to send a text to one person, I get the same thing everytime...."SMS Error..Radio Interface Resource Shortage"...I even tried it in the same room as our wireless pc. Will I need to take it to my local service carrier and have them fix the issue?
  16. Caddyman

i would but first go to phone and call *228 and press 2 when prompted, just for shits and giggles and see what happens.....i wont hurt your phone, just update your towers.
  17. badass_tweety

badass_tweety Member

At this point I am willing to try anything.
  18. badass_tweety

badass_tweety Member

Problem solved. I took it to my local carrier, Verizon, I told the lady what the issue was. She spotted the problem right away, she fixed it. The issue was, my phone was not programed correctly from the beginning, so therefore it was not connecting to the net. She re-programed the phone and now it works just fine. Just thought I would post it here incase anyone else has the same issue.
  19. badass_tweety

badass_tweety Member

Is there an app I need for gifs with sound to work properly? I have one of a kitten doing push-ups and the song is "I'mmmmm gonnaaaaaaa whoop somebody's a$$....." I put it on my Eris and the kitten works but no song.
  20. OLD_gUY

OLD_gUY Well-Known Member

+1 Thanks Wolfdroid-this did the trick for me-and for notifications, also. Everything is showing up where it should.
  21. OXM_Chase

OXM_Chase Well-Known Member

I've had the same problem with getting ringtones to show up where I want them on my SD card. I have everything working like I want except that every ringtone I have isn't title the way I originally had it. The only work around I could find was to save the ringtone to my SD card so that it was picked up by my music. Then I would edit it in Ringdroid and then delete it from my music file. That's a hassle though so does anyone have a solution for me? I'd really appreciate it :)
  22. badass_tweety

badass_tweety Member

How can I make Animated Gifs with music work on my Eris phone? I can not figure this one out.
  23. Caddyman

There is no such thing as a gif with sound.
  24. badass_tweety

badass_tweety Member

ok, I will explain what I am trying to get at, a friend had sent me a message on my old razr phone, it was of a kitten actually doing push-ups and the music that came with the kitten was "I'mmmmmm gonnaaaa whoop somebodys a$$....." I can not get that to work on my Eris.
  25. Caddyman

ok i actually just spent .49 cents just to answer your question. apparently no, it will not play. i went to verizon site, sent the animated talking text message. it was recieved to my phone as a mms via handcent, i downloaded it, opened it, the animation worked but there was no sound.

this message thing verizon offers idk how it works exactly, i guess it bundles a sound file and a animated gif together, but there is no such thing as a animated gif with sound , or any gif, or any picture, with sound in 1 file.

im sure it plays fine on a feature phone but does not play nice with a smartphone.