Custom ringtones + VZWSupport

Last Updated:

1. Mayhem

Mayhem Well-Known Member Contributor This Topic's Starter

My "New Every 2" comes up on 10/6 and I'll be ordering an LG Ally for myself and my wife.

Can anyone tell me if Verizon has blocked the ability to create custom ringtones and not force you to use their app?

With my old RAZR I had to "hack" the registry to get it to work. With my current LG enV2 I had to use a free 3rd-party app (the name escapes me at the moment) in order to add files to the Ringtones folder. I seriosuly doubt that app supports Android phones.

Advertisement
  2. dots

dots Well-Known Member

There's app's that will let you download ringtones for free, make your own ringtones from your music, or even use the full song on your sdcard as a ringtone.

In fact there's an app called "Ringtone" that will allow you to download ringtones (10-25 seconds long i think). Then you have the option of editing that if you want inside of the app. You can also preview the ringtone before downloading.

The app "Ringdroid" which will let you edit your mp3's and save the editied version's for ringtones and notifications and such.

3. Math-Uhhh-Saurus

Math-Uhhh-Saurus Well-Known Member

you could alway try phonezoo (on internet)...it's free and the ringtones are sent to you via text message so it's great if you have unlimited

Ekim Gram likes this.
  4. Robo1007

Robo1007 Well-Known Member

Ringlert or mabilo ringtones you can use as well it works great and has alot of new and old songs!