Custom ringtones

Last Updated:

1. renne2001

renne2001 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have made some custom mp3 ringtones, but I need some advice on how to get them onto my Samsung Moment. Thanks.

Renne

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Hi renne2001 and Welcome to the Forums! :D

To get music on your Handset :

Plug in your phone via USB to a PC -> Drag down the White notification box on your phone -> Select Mount card and confirm -> Go to My computer on your PC -> Select removable Drive -> You should now see the Contents of your Card -> Create a new folder called "Music" -> Drop any music into the Folder -> It should now appear in your Music player when you un-mount the card

Now to use your MP3's as a ringtone :

Download "Rings extended" free off the Android Market -> Once installed {you will NOT see any type of Icon in the Menu} -> Simply go to change your Ringtone as Normal -> When Prompted simply select "Rings Extended" -> You may now select your MP3's as a Ringtone

Don't worry , It's actually much shorter than it looks and very easy :)

Carl

3. popeye304

popeye304 Active Member

I had downloaded ringtones from Verizon, I actually had thought they were Ringback tones. So anyway, as you may know, I'm a former iPhone user. I have been used to the iTunes APP to bring onto my phone those ringtones that I bought or made.

I followed Carl C's directions, sounded easy enough. When it got to the point for me to select a ringtone; the Android System is those default ringtones. I could now select Music or Select music track/ Selecting eith of these options resulted in a brief "Loading" graphic then, nothing.

Any ideas?

4. kurpaige

kurpaige Well-Known Member

o here's the dirt on making custom ringtones.

Plug your Android phone into the USB cable, mount it, and then create the following top level folders:

/notifications
    /ringtones
    /alarms

once in these folders, it then shows up in the list so you can select them

5. popeye304

popeye304 Active Member

Why wouldn't Motorola and/or Verizon already create these folders? I had to create the Music folder as well. :confused:

Now that I have made these folders, I am unable to select Phone ringtone. It's no longer enabled?

6. popeye304

popeye304 Active Member

I shut the phone down and turned it back on... I hate this crap.

7. Xritam

Xritam Well-Known Member

Or you could use ringdroid with the mp3's on your phone.