Custom ringtones

Last Updated:

1. n0m0n

n0m0n Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,
    I have been looking to try to choose one of my ringtones for notification confirmations as well as received calls.
    All that I have found are the OS ringtones for those 2 operations. (ringtone: DROID)
    I have found how to choose from my custom ringtones only for individual contact.

Can someone please tell me how I can get my ringtones to be seen or where to place them so that the Droid sees them?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. DjSmooth

DjSmooth Well-Known Member

There are two Apps in the Market one is called Zedge, this is excellent for Wallpapers and Ringtones, when you download either or it will create a folder on your card that will have a folder for each. The other is Ringdroid this App will allow you to make Ringtones etc from your music on your card. Both of these App will give you the choice where to associate your files: Ringtones, Alarms, Music, and Notifications.

Now if you don't want either, than just make a folder on your card "media" and than create a folder for each of your Notifications, Ringtones, Alarms etc...

3. ICANSEEYOU7687

ICANSEEYOU7687 Active Member

OR...

if you dont wanna download any apps... just make a folder called notifications on the root of your sd card and put the mp3's in there... worked on mine

^^ didnt read the last part of his post, pretty much same thing haha

4. n0m0n

THANKS

Now to try to figure out why when I forward emails I can't find a choice to forward the attached with (html)...

Thanks again

5. BottledHate

BottledHate Well-Known Member

The combination of 'Ringdroid' and 'Rings Extended' works great for me.

Ringdroid lets you take any mp3 on your sd card and trim any part to a ringtone length...

Rings Extended
    allows you to set any mp3 on your sd card to any notification or rigntone. it integrates into the menus and prompts you anywhere you would normally set a sound!

hope this helps

6. n0m0n

Can I separate the notifications for SMS's and email's when received?

Just to make sure Alrarm's are for alarm, calendar, IM, Tweeter's?

Thanks

7. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

you can do this without creating the "media" folder first. You can create the other 3 folders on the SD card root directory.