Custom ringtonesGeneral

Last Updated: 2012-11-09 23:53:57
  1. infrasonic

infrasonic Member

I was able to use Audacity to create custom ringtones on my pc for my Samsung u520. I had to use BitPim to install them on the phone. Can the same thing be done for the Attain? If so, is there a how to thread for this?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

First off welcome to the forums :)

Secondly, i would suggest to just use Ringtone Maker, i have been using it for awhile and it is pretty easy to create those custom ringtones you want, like if you want to record something or just plain edit a song, it will do that for you :)
  3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

All you need to do is create a folder on your SD Card called "Ringtones" (minus the quotes) and put the stuff you want to use as a ringtone in there. When you go to set your ringtone, anything in that folder should be selectable. For SMS tones and alarms etc, you'd need to use "notifications" and "alarms" respectively.

Does that work?
  4. infrasonic

infrasonic Member

Thanks a lot guys. I will try your suggestions a little later.
  5. infrasonic

infrasonic Member

Ok, so I looked in the My Files folder and there is a "My_Ringtones" folder. Do I need to create a separate Ringtones folder or just use this one? If I have to create one,...how is that done?
  6. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

I'm not sure about the My Ringtones folder, sorry.

Do you have a file manager on your phone, you could probably create the folder using that? Alternatively it might be easier to connect the phone to your PC, mount it as a disk drive and create a Ringtones folder using Windows.

If you need instructions on either, let me know and I'll type something up for you.
  7. infrasonic

infrasonic Member

I still had my custom ringtones on my pc and was able to download them to my phone via USB. Simple enough. Thanks for the input.