Custom Rom Question

Last Updated:

1. socodef

socodef Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone,

I backed up my phone with nandroid. I installed Fresh 1.1. Everything installed fine. Had it working, but I had no contacts or settings in Fresh. So I did an ADB restore of my nandroid backup. Worked fine, but it just reverted to the original ROM. Any idea what I do to get my contacts, settings and apps into my the Fresh Rom?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. flammenwurfer

flammenwurfer Well-Known Member

Hmm...you didn't do a wipe or anything before you installed fresh? I did the same thing. Rooted>Booted to recovery>installed Fresh and everything was how it was before with the addition of the fresh improvements.

3. socodef

I did do a wipe before. Should I not do that? And just boot from the update?

4. flammenwurfer

A wipe isn't necessary when installing fresh. Since you've already done it though, you'll have to re-enter your google account login/pw and it should bring back in all of your contacts. As far as settings and apps you'll probably have to just change/install those again manually. You can use a file manager app to backup all of your installed apps to your sd card, so in the future they will be there for quick reinstallation if it happens again.

5. socodef

Ok. Since I recovered my original settings, and it basically put it back to HTC Rom, everything was back in there. I just installed Fresh over the existing and it added it's updates. All my programs and contacts and settings are in there. Thanks.

On your google statement, my sync doesn't go both ways. It only updates when I change it in my actual gmail account even though it's set to do it from either way. Any ideas on that? The only contacts that came back on my original, wiped Fresh install brought my mail contacts in. Is there any way to push my contacts to my gmail account?

6. flammenwurfer

Glad you got it figured out!

Hmmm...I'm not sure about the 2 way syncing problem you're having. I think mine will go both ways, but now that you mention it I don't ever really check.

7. BSki

BSki Well-Known Member

It should sync both directions, if not, something is wrong with your phone. Even contact pics will sync both directions.