1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Custom ROM support?

1. ebolamonkey3

ebolamonkey3 Well-Known Member

Not much hope at this point huh?

Advertisement
  2. BBock

BBock Member

Far from that..the sbf (I think that's what its called) has been leaked. Anyways devs with bricked phones should be able to recover to stock which should promote and increase the development base. Mods will be on their way...
  3. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

Thanks to the leak, there is a custom ROM available now on XDA thanks to DesignGears:

[ROM] Adeo v0.2 (REDUX) for Atrix 4G - xda-developers

Wow...call me impressed!
    :D
  4. BBock

BBock Member

I'm running adeo..simple deodex and additional roboot options are nice :)

Looks like the SBC leaked from in the Russian forum is legitimate as well!!!

And in other news, a dev (da_g) believes there could be a work around for more customized roms even with the locked bootloader..still to be seen if this is actually possible though. Nonetheless, good development.
  5. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

I was just reading on XDA that a ROM modification is already available and skinning is now possible. Looks like the locked bootloader is just that, a locked door but with an open window.

On another note, I was reading about the Nexus S (which I won't buy because it's Samsung and it has problems, again) and Gingerbread v2.3 looks great on it. I like the darker colour scheme which is more like what HTC uses for their UI. I really hope v2.3 looks similar when Motorola updates the Atrix. Either that or a port that allows vanilla Android on it would be nice (probably wishful thinking).
    :D
    I was reading XDA again, and now they have Gingerbread themes for the Atrix...sheesh, I think it, they do it. Hmm...do I have some sort of Android chip in my head I don't know about?
    :eek:
  6. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye VIP Member

7. RussellMania

RussellMania Well-Known Member

8. sabesh

sabesh Well-Known Member

Yep, BL security has become a moot point. BTW, restoration scripts (flash to stock) will probably be written for the ATT versions, going by what I'm reading in XDA.

So, Bell users: unless you have an SBF & are very familiar with ADB commands, don't flash a custom ROM if you plan to resell/return the phone. If you do flash back to stock, you will have an ATT stock ROM on your Bell branded phone, lol. Perhaps a Bell user can convince an XDA Dev to write a back-to-stock script.