• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Custom ROMs and Themes for LG730

I just rooted my LG Venice (Lg 730) and I can't find any roms for it. I even have Cyanogenmod, and Goomanger, installed to see if they could scans some roms and tell me if my device is compatible. Each time my phone isn't compatible but I regularly see people on here talking about how they rooted their Venice and have awesome roms but I cant find any.. Please help!!!:thinking::mad::)

Reactions: kdraw44
Was just able to root my phone with your method. Now I have no idea what to do. Is there anything I can do like change UI appearance or something?

You can easily change UI look with a simple launcher change. You can check out several launchers on the play store. There is also the xposed framework for doing other customizations to your device.

Upvote 0
The phones popularity will determine what custom ROM development is made for this device. If you are just wanting to change look and feel of a phone, then you don't need to root the device for that. Just download a different Launcher from the play store. There are several out there, and many of them have the ability to have different themes.

If you want to run things like a fire wall app or Titanium Backup, then you need to root.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones