Custom Roms?

1. snowboarderxd1

snowboarderxd1 Well-Known Member

Ok i just got my Devour Rooted (thank god finally) and i would like to know if i could use Custom Roms from other devices like the Droid since they both are Motorola and Both on Verizon. If not Is there any Roms that would work on my Devour and How to I install Them

Advertisement
  2. phirefaux

phirefaux Well-Known Member

I doubt you would be able to use the same roms due to some issue with motoblur, I know some people were working on a way to flash it. Maybe now that it has been rooted they might pick that back up
  3. snowboarderxd1

is there any Recovery Menu that i could install onto The devour? i was thinking of using the one that comes with Rom Manager to Try to test Roms But It doesnt show the Devour on the list since it jsut got rooted. Is there like a different one that might work?
  4. 007shark

007shark Well-Known Member Contributor

With the phone off, hold down the R and the spacebar, and turn it on. Hold them down until you get a warning-sign screen.
    Code:
    Press ZB for the text/menu:

Motorola/Android system recovery utility
    E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command

F+H - reboot system now
    Z+B - toggle log text display
    Z+N - apply sdcard:update.zip
    Z+M - wipe data/factory reset
  5. snowboarderxd1

there is no way to flash a rom from there, is there a different way since i was going to try to flash a rom From the Droid, Or maybe see if there is one for the Droid X since they do both have Motoblur jsut that the devour has a different type
  6. snowboarderxd1

7. Andrusha

Andrusha New Member

Can anyone share original Devour ROM?
    Any help appreciated.