custom roms

Last Updated:

1. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned This Topic's Starter

I'm new to installing custom roms so I have a question when using rom manager after I download the rom and check the two boxes the phone goes into recovery mode and I'm not sure what I have to do after that my screen just shows a phone with an exclamation mark next to it what do I have to do after that?

Advertisement
  2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

you have the stock recovery back instead of clockworkmod recovery.

Did you use the easy root app?

3. ckochinsky125

yes i used the easy root app. What do i have to do to have clockwork mod recovery?

4. derek533

derek533 Well-Known Member

Oh Lord, another one! (don't worry, I was one this happened to as well)

If you used either of the one touch root programs, there is an issue where the clockwordmod recovery will work only one time after being flashed onto your phone. After that, it goes back to the stock recovery instead of the clockworkmod.

See my thread here for the fix: http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/141480-clockworkmod-freaking-out-me.html

OMJ, I edited the thread title of my "clockworkmod freaking out on me" thread where you and I discussed the fix and I changed the OP so others would know, but the title didn't change. Can you see about getting this fixed and perhaps making it a temporary sticky. I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of these cropping up in the next few days.

5. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

6. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

I've recommended a few people not use the Easy Root app until we figure this out. Technically though, if your root access is working I think you *should* be able to reflash Clockwork recovery with ROM Manager.

7. ckochinsky125

I actually just got it to work so idk why it worked this time but i did install clockwork mod from rom manager

8. luvjones305

luvjones305 Active Member

So you mean to tell me i only can flash a rom on my phone one time with rom manager app i just got the frg01b an i want to change to the official update from verizon my phone is rooted an flashed on metropcs so will i be abel to reflash a new rom on my phone