Custom sound for incoming messages/email

Last Updated:

1. Mastadex

Mastadex Member This Topic's Starter

Hello. First time poster.

I recently got an android phone and would like to add a custom sound for when I receive emails and text messages. I created the necessary directory structure on my SD card and plugged the tone into the Notifications folder. However, this sound gets played whenever any notification is raised. Is there a way to set a tone JUST for incoming messages and emails and not general notifications?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Go into the settings in your email app. It will let you select a tone to use just for emails.

3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Your phone will use the default notification (settings>Sound>Notification ringtone) for every notification if there is no custom ringtone assigned. If you are using the default apps for messaging, open the app then go to menu>settings and make sure notifications is enabled. Right below that you can set a specific ringtone for messages only. For email you have to do it by account so open the email app and long-press the account and got to account settings. You'll see the notification ringtone halfway down the list. That way, if you have a POP3 business account and a personal Yahoo account (for example) you can have different tones assigned to each.

4. Mastadex

Mastadex Member This Topic's Starter

Ah I see. Thanks!