Custom Splash Screen....

1. DaRayvn

DaRayvn Well-Known Member

just click on the picture to download the zip file...

When you download the file take the beginning part of the name off so its just PC36IMG..

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Advertisement
    :
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

i just saw this:[APP] {Bootflash} Install Custom Splash Screen - xda-developers looks pretty cool. most are in PC36IMG file.

check these out:http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/246919-splashscreens-maco-designs.html i think he has more over on xda.

you can also make your own if you like:
    http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...-splash-screen-process-all-android-users.html
    ndh777, chaz187, speedygonzo and 2 others like this.
  3. DaRayvn

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. ocnbrze

yeah you should see my browser's bookmarks. loaded with them links.
  5. Sarge1721

Sarge1721 Well-Known Member

Okay, so I've followed the guides to the letter and I keep getting this error when trying to flash the PC36IMG.zip file

E: Can't find update script

I'm running MikG 2.5 dunno if that makes a diff or not. Any help would be great thanks.
  6. ocnbrze

you do not flash it . it is done in hboot.
    Sarge1721 likes this.
  7. Sarge1721

First of all thank you for the fast reply.. and now I feel like a dumba** cause I knew that.. Man I need to go to bed!! LOL Thank you!!!! :D
  8. DaRayvn

im making my own custom ones....still working on the first one though LMAO....
  9. Sarge1721

Death_Star.jpg
    Just finished my first one and I like it.. I'll post the zip if anyone wants it.

Just added a second one. Enjoy and thanks for dloading! :p

Don't forget to remove the vader part on the PC36IMG file....

Attached Files:

10. ocnbrze

nice thanx downloading it now.
  11. DaRayvn

moved to OP
  12. DaRayvn

nice job man
  13. Sarge1721

WOW mine took like 10 min to make... Yours on the other hand looks great!!! NICE job. I'm giving it a try!!!!
    DaRayvn likes this.
  14. DaRayvn

most of the time it took me was figuring out how to use the Gimp program lol...i got it now though...
  15. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog Moderator

Go ahead an pay a dollor for BootFlash app. It's worth not having a watermark on your customized splashes. I did this one the other day. May have to keep it for a while i really really really like it. Here is a copy of the one i did. If you want it with your name on it I can do that to :D

Attached Files:

DaRayvn and ocnbrze like this.
  16. Sarge1721

Nice job!
    argedion likes this.
  17. DaRayvn

i tried the bootflash app with 5 different pictures and it didnt work..and what watermark are you talking about??
  18. argedion

BootFlash light has a Watermark they put on the picture. BootFlash does not. Atleast thats what I read from the market page on appbrain when i downloaded BootFlash. I couldnt get it to work at first either i had a
    "Wrong Picker" error but it works good under the MIKG 2.5

Do note that the program will not actually flash the picture. (Yeah i know stupid right) however if you look in the root of your sdcard you should see the PMG36.zip or what ever it is actually named IF you boot into the boot menu then it will ask you if you want to update choose yes and then reboot it should be there then.
  19. mikem0269

mikem0269 Well-Known Member

Ok guys im asking this with a red face. what is the difference between boot animation and flash screen . do you have both or one or the other.
    Im guessing the animation is like the roadrunner in mikg roms and the flash screen would replace this as just a picture wile booting. :confused:
  20. DaRayvn

do you meen splash screen?? if so, then, when you boot up your phone and you get the white htc evo 4g screen?? thats called your splash screen...the boot animation follows right after....like my phone now displays my splash screen i made up above when it first boots...
    ocnbrze and mikem0269 like this.
  21. DaRayvn

honestly, i took the time to learn how to do this and do all the editing and making .img files and everything else, i would rather just do it through the bootloader....i wanna get into themes n stuff at some point so i figured id start with something simple first....
  22. mikem0269

mikem0269 Well-Known Member

Oh boy i better not flash anything tonight been a long day. Yea splash not flash.
    and im om the puter so i cant blame auto correct
  23. DaRayvn

lmao...everyday is a flash day...:D no excuses!!
    Sarge1721 likes this.
  24. argedion

kewl. i know how to manipulate things to my needs (some times) was wondering how one could do the splash without a third party program. I don't like having to pay for apps if I can help it. (even though I had no problem with Root Explorer) Was there a tutorial you found on making the .img files?
  25. DaRayvn

well its actually a program that converts it to .img but, the guide goes through the steps on how to make the splash screen...just the basics for bigger and better things...

thats the link ocn gave me....n thats what i followed to make mine...

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...-splash-screen-process-all-android-users.html

honestly, its not that hard...id rather do it like this and make my own the way i want it....ya know?
    once you get one down and learn gimp (if you dont know how to use it already) it does not take long to make one