• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Customers want what they don't

Snow_Fox

Android Expert
Mar 31, 2010
So according to engadget customers want what they don't understand!

4G Shocker! Study finds consumers want what they fail to understand -- Engadget
I normally hate these kind of things for a few reasons.

First, no crap. Anyone who works in the business world can tell you more often than not that customers usually don't have the first idea of what they are talking about.

Over a year selling cellphones.. and I could not convince some people the iphone 4 was not 4g enabled.

Second, in all fairness to the customers.. the first definition has made more of a splash than the second for sure.

At any rate, I could help but, find this one interesting.

It almost seems like stating the obvious..

I do want to congradulate the ITU for screwing things up more than helping.

And then I want to say.. I wonder how many people knew anything more about 4g at all other than "its faster than 3g!". Even if they were using the outdated defintion, they get credit in my book for at least trying to keep up with current events.

Finally.. I wonder when at&t will get a uverse line to my house.. so I can have internet at home faster than cellphones again.. cause this dsl is slllooowww. (at least for a family of 5)

Customers want what they don't understand!

Good example: iPad

Purchase first, figure out what it is for later.

It's not limited to iPads or Apple products. When I first got a smartphone, I did not fully understand all of the capabilities of a smartphone. I just wanted a GPS and figured I get a new phone as well in an all-in-one unit. It is only after getting and using one for a while do I understand a smartphone's capabilities and how it would fit into how I personally would use it. I used this knowledge I gained to purchase my second smartphone (which suited me better than my first).

Upvote 0
Well like I said.. I can give some people some slack.

Once they announced what "4g" was (being over 100 mbps blah blah blah)

I myself didn't exactly get the follow up note saying "well scratch that".

With that said.. it does make me wonder how many people hear '4G? I AM GAME!"

Although it is sorta annoying with the whole iphone 4 situation.

There was a lot of intentional misrepresentation about the phone being 4g. Not saying apple claimed it.. It just sorta developed.. It was awkward correcting customers who would argue with me over it..

However, I personally hate how they played of "hard to see where customers though iphone 4 had anyting to do with it!"

I guess the writer doesn't use the internet very much >.>;

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones