• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Customization Ideas

I've been tinkering for a few days now and getting pretty good.
I have ideas of things I want to do but need some starting points.

1st off, I wanted a transition so that when I click an icon, the whole scene quickly spins and shrinks away and the new open app spins in.
(for those who are old enough, think of how the Superfriends cartoon used to transition between scenes. Extra points If you think I can get that "da da dada dada da" sound effect in there too!)
Anyone Know if theres anything even remotely like that out there? Our What I can use build one?

Now Oif it can't be done, then what about a fast little animation to cover the transition? I'd be fine using that exact Superfriends clip or the one from the old Batman cartoon.

I'm hoping you get what I'm aiming for.

I've been tinkering for a few days now and getting pretty good.
I have ideas of things I want to do but need some starting points.

1st off, I wanted a transition so that when I click an icon, the whole scene quickly spins and shrinks away and the new open app spins in.
(for those who are old enough, think of how the Superfriends cartoon used to transition between scenes. Extra points If you think I can get that "da da dada dada da" sound effect in there too!)
Anyone Know if theres anything even remotely like that out there? Our What I can use build one?

Now Oif it can't be done, then what about a fast little animation to cover the transition? I'd be fine using that exact Superfriends clip or the one from the old Batman cartoon.

I'm hoping you get what I'm aiming for.

Crap, won't let me link to specific times in youtube links on here, was trying to link to 1:33 in this video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1ZBmiga0Wg&t=1m33s

You could use a youtube downloader and grab the sound out of it. As far as the animation goes, you might have some luck browsing Download.com for editing software.

Upvote 0
Wish I could be of help on this one.Best I can offer,whether existing animations or the tools to create them,would be to visit XDA DEVELOPERS,or check out the development forum here @ ANDROID FORUMS for input.
If this sort of thing doesn't exist yet,you may spur the genesis of a new feature/app to be developed.

Reactions: DXGypsy
Upvote 0
Wish I could be of help on this one.Best I can offer,whether existing animations or the tools to create them,would be to visit XDA DEVELOPERS,or check out the development forum here @ ANDROID FORUMS for input.
If this sort of thing doesn't exist yet,you may spur the genesis of a new feature/app to be developed.

Thank you KOLIO. You just gave me a giggle imagining all the new threads titled CAN'T GET THE GYPSY APP TO WORK! PLEASE HELP!!! Lol

I was over on droidpirate looking at their stuff for my metamorph and I just wasn't inspired. Take the lock sliders... all basically stock with different colors.

PG's slider is that cool arc and that's different, but why are there not different graphics out there? The left slider could be a shark you slide over to eat something on the right. Or an Oriental dragon you slide firebreath over to. Heck, I'm even picturing something X-rated if you get my meaning. ;)

There should be no limits to what could be done with this technology.
I wish I knew how to turn the ideas in my head into reality. It's frustrating.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones