Customize Icons?

Last Updated:

1. fearofth3dark

fearofth3dark Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Now that I am rooted is there a way to change the icons of my apps while still on sense?

Advertisement
  2. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

You don't need root to do this. Get any cut or bettercut from the market. You can use your own pics or get icon packs from the market.

3. fearofth3dark

I did but I can only seem to use them for shortcuts. I can't figure out how to change the icon for something like my browser with it. If there is a way I'm missing please tell me, but I thought I read somewhere that you have to be rooted to do that? I'm probably wrong.

4. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

Long press empty spot on screen, pick shortcut, bettercut, activity, choose your activity, browser for example, then tap the image and continue from there. Can change the name as well if you want

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

fearofth3dark likes this.
  5. Dustinb

Dustinb Well-Known Member

Just be sure to be patient because sometimes it can take a while for the list of you applications to be generated.
    Once the list IS finally generated you can chose your app, rename it, and change the icon.
    Hope that helps.

fearofth3dark likes this.
  6. Dustinb

Dustinb Well-Known Member

I just wish there was an easier easy to see the Icons included in the Icon Packs on the Market.

I hate having to go through the whole process of downloading the Icon Pack and browsing to it in Better Cut just to discover I hate them all.

7. fearofth3dark

Ok thank you I guess I just didn't have patience :rolleyes:. I had clicked activities but just saw a blank screen. I didn't realize it was loading.