Customize my lock screen

Last Updated:

1. Formsvacka

Formsvacka Member This Topic's Starter

I would like to customize my lock screen, and after a little reserach I found an app called Lockbot. However, several reviews say that it doesn't work very well, at least not the free version (I live in Sweden and we can't buy apps yet). Is there another way to customize the lock screen?

Advertisement
  2. Peji

Peji Well-Known Member

Uhh, on my htc hero just press menu over a pic in my album and press set as. Then a menu comes up asking if I want it as a wallpaper, lock screen etc..... hope that helps

3. nedamdam

nedamdam Well-Known Member

Well kinda, you would need to root. That way you could gain access even to paid apps and to customizing just about everything.

This is one app for the lockscreen WidgetLocker Lockscreen - Android app on AppBrain

No idea how to do it without the rooting. Maybe someone else will know :)

4. Formsvacka

Formsvacka Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, I figured that part out right away. What I meant was customizing the way you unlock the screen. The app I mentioned, Lockbot, gives you the option to make your lockscreen look (and work) like it does on an iPhone or on a Galaxy S, for example.

Well, rooting isn't really something I'm considering right now. I guess I'll just have to stick with the default lockscreen. :)

5. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

6. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

The developer of Widget Locker (kevin@teslacoilsw) is also an active member here, which is a plus point. :)