• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Customize the Back of your Moto DROID's screen!

Would there be a way to do the offset head but do a regular cover with the head cut out.
Exact opposite of what you have now?

I want a full sticker to hopefully help with some looseness.

yes... i will include that when I add some more options... prob won't have a chance to do that until later in the week or early next week.

thanks!

Upvote 0
I just placed my order for the full carbon fiber piece and the offset lime green droid character. Do you think itll be a problem with the thickness laying the carbon fiber piece down in place of the factory piece and then on top of that placing the doid overlay?

I think that would be fine... i guess it all depends on how much extra room each Droid has between the screen and keyboard. I think it will work, but definitely let me know!

Upvote 0
I still have my OEM sticker on - no bubbling or peeling or issues at all. I don't even notice it. I would not, however, want my slider any looser.

Love the peeking droids! Interested to hear how these go.

(What about a Phandroid special winking droid? or would we be breaking a copyright? LOL)

Upvote 0
im ordering the copper robot offset one.. pretty dope idea..
but when i try to update the shipping to next day express, paypal wont let me do it..
it says "The link you have used to enter the PayPal system contains an incorrectly formatted item amount."

blah.

I'll look into that...thanks for the heads up. It's a lot of money to ship next day for such a little decal! ::just being thrifty!:: haha

Upvote 0
damn.. so i have to take something off in order to put the vinyl on?
i thought it was just a glorified sticker that i just slapped on there

whats this about making the screen feel loose?

The only thing you have to take off is the protective sticker that comes from the factory on the back of the screen. It's meant to be removed, and it's very ugly anyway.

It will not make your screen feel loose, it is meant to be removed and was stated as such by Moto.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones