customize the car screen?

Last Updated:

1. may2700

may2700 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok, so when i either put my droid in my car mount or i press the "car/home" app, my phone goes into car mode. here i have 2 screens to choose from. the first screen has 6 buttons all with applications in them, the second screen has 6 buttons but only 3 have aplications in them.

question is, is there a way to customize the other 3 buttons and pit an application in them or am i stuck staring at 3 empty buttons forever?

:confused:

Advertisement
  2. may2700

may2700 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

never mind, just downloaded the update from market and it lets you customize everything

3. zach.schenfisch

zach.schenfisch Well-Known Member

This is an update to the native car app? I couldn't find it on the market...

4. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

5. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Well-Known Member

awesome....always wondered why they left those blank. i gotta download this ASAP. Pandora button here i come. :)

6. zach.schenfisch

zach.schenfisch Well-Known Member

So i was having market issues, but they are now fixed. I downloaded the updated car home. Finally, Pandora and Trapster buttons!

7. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Well-Known Member

ha....trapster.....another one i have to add. completely forgot about that one. this makes my next road trip that much better.

now that we (rather he) solved the original question....what are some other in car apps that are good to have. i have all the music streaming stations, and trapster...but what else?

8. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Well-Known Member

I just found an app called Car Home (Beta) that looks pretty awesome. It's got 3 screens available with changeable hot spots. It also displays your speed, direction and local weather. I haven't gotten the weather to work yet, but the other stuff seems to work. Ima give it shot for a few days and see how it does.

BigRedGonzo

9. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

10. asphalt cowboy

asphalt cowboy Well-Known Member

Does it work on rooted droids? I tried installing it from the market and I get the install unsuccessful message.

11. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

12. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Well-Known Member

If you are talking about the Car Home (Beta,) then I assume it will work on rooted droids, because mine is rooted. I am running stock 2.2, but I am rooted. I had the opportunity to give it a test drive (pun intended) a few minutes ago and it is really nice. I tells you what street you are on, gives your speed and compass direction. It is supposed to provide a local weather icon, but that didn't seem to work, of course, it is beta. I didn't have any trouble installing it.

If you are talking about the Google Car Home app, it will install on a rooted droid, but I couldn't get it to install from AppBrain. I had to go to the Market and download it. I guess since I had the original Car Home already installed AppBrain thought it was already installed. I find it funny that Car Home doesn't update from the Market like everything else.

Hope this helps,
    BigRedGonzo