Customizing a Rom?

Last Updated:

1. hawkjm73

hawkjm73 Member This Topic's Starter

I would like to gently customize a ROM for myself. I unzipped the latest one from XDA, and found subfolders much like those seen with ADB on a live phone. I want to do such thing as remove specific bloat apps, put in a Phone.apk with my own default caller pic, and a custom boot. It LOOKS like all I have to do is remove or replace the files, just as I would do in ADB, rezip the rom, and install. I assume I would zip with no compression. Is it really that simple?

Advertisement
  2. Asterdroid

Asterdroid Well-Known Member

Honestly, the easiest thing to do is install it then remove the apps with root explorer.

3. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

yea you can do that... and like said above just removing them from the rom already booted is easy

4. hawkjm73

Cool, thanks. I know I can do it already booted, but there is just something rather satisfying about having it done before loading the ROM. :D

5. Spart

Spart Well-Known Member

But it's so simple using a root explorer then just rebooting. Why bother with all the commands?

6. hawkjm73

'Cause if I do it before I load the ROM, I can just bulk select and drag all the apps into a different folder. Basically, mouse is easier then finger.