• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Customizing- Lots of questions but I need lots of help!

If even possible.. I'd like to learn how to switch icons in the status bar like signal strength battery i.e.. Is there a way to set up different wallpapers on all the screens? Instead of using an icon pack can i setup individual custom icons? Can you customize the keyboard? (tried better keyboard but it killed my swype) can u set a background for the drawer?

Don't expect much.

There are some mods (mostly extra icons) for the status bar but, if you are thinking of something like Themes you would have to flash your ROM...

Can't image how to have different wallpapers to each screen as those are 960x800 (Desire size) meaning that you have seven slices of one only wallpaper wich is the size of only two screens.

Good news is that yes, you can have whatever icon you wish using Better Cut. You still need icon packs but you can use individual icons from different packs for each shortcut.

:)

Upvote 0
If even possible.. I'd like to learn how to switch icons in the status bar like signal strength battery i.e.. Is there a way to set up different wallpapers on all the screens? Instead of using an icon pack can i setup individual custom icons? Can you customize the keyboard? (tried better keyboard but it killed my swype) can u set a background for the drawer?

What launcher (home screen program) are you using?

Stock Froyo? LauncherPro? ADW? etc...

I don't know what I would have any answers for you anyway but it will be important for those who do have answers to know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones