Customizing notificationsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Dwnshft

Dwnshft Active Member This Topic's Starter

Can someone tell me if there is a way to customize all the individual notifications (email, facebook, twitter, text)??

I've looked through the phone and it looks like they group all the notifications together.

Also, coming from blackberry, I was used to getting notifications at the top of the screen for facebook, twitter, email, pageonce and other apps that had PUSH information. Is there any way to do that too??

I'm also trying to look into the TelusStone flash...I've done a search and haven't come up with much. Does anyone have some info or feedback on it as far as what it does and takes away?

Thanks guys

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

For SMS and Gmail go into each of them and press the menu button and go to menu settings. You can customize notifications.

As for Twitter and FB I have no clue as I do not used that crap.

3. GlitchZero

GlitchZero Well-Known Member

Most apps have notifications in the application in their Settings. Ie. Go into ____ app > Preferences or Settings > Notifications. There is not a universal notification area like BBOS.

TelusStone gives you about 3 times more memory (150mb or something) by moving everything (Facebook, Maps, etc) to the system memory and getting rid of crap like MotoNav. You literally lose nothing over stock Telus firmware by installing it.

4. Dwnshft

I have some of my own notifications though...and when I tried moving them into the propper directory I just got the "invalid access" or whatever it is. Is there away around that?? For Ringtones its fine, just not for notifications

5. Szadzik

Put everything into SD Card. The folder structure should be:

\\sd Card\Media\Audio\ and here you create folder named alarms, notifications and ringtones. Put audio files in the proper folder and use them for notifications.

6. Dwnshft

Worked. Thanks so much!

7. Szadzik

You're welcome.

P.S. You can always use the 'Thanks' button.

Dwnshft likes this.
  8. Dwnshft

Done and Done. lol