• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Customizing Widget with Txt, no picture...PLZ HELP!!!!

xtremecook

Lurker
Oct 14, 2010
I want to customize my widgets and i saw a friend of a friend changed his icons and each one was just text had no picture. It was really slick and looked clean. Any help with an app or rom that would help with this. I have used desktop visualizer and other apps, but they all require you have a picture on the homescreen for the widget, but, for example, if i want the market widget on my homescreen, i want the widget on the homescreen to just say "Market, no picture...get it???? PLLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE fill me in. Thanks peeps =)

You could use the same desktop visualizer method but instead of an image, just create a "text image" in photoshop or gimp or whatever program you like. You would still be using a jpg or png but now instead of it being a picture of something, the image is just text with a transparent background.

I would bet that's how this guy did it;

snap20101017_172154.png

I slapped together a quick 150x72px "text image" for Market just as a demonstration. Even though it shows white on your screen it has a transparent background. You would drop that on your homescreen as the "image" for your widget in desktop visualizer.

I hope that helps.

Attachments

• market_icon.png
    market_icon.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 22
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones