Cut and Paste How to?Support

Last Updated:

1. pospower

pospower Active Member

for the Droid or 2.0

Please help here I am used to the iphone just hold down and you get a choice of highlighting all or some and you can drag to highlight then cut copy or past. All i can find in the droid is copy all cut all. Am I doing something wrong. By the way I love this phone this is just one area I have not mastered or maybe it has not been perfected as of yet.

Advertisement
  2. AZDroid

AZDroid Well-Known Member

If you open the keyboard and hold the shift key you can then touch the screen and drag to highlight the text you want to copy. and when you lift your finger the highlighted text will be automatically copied to the clipboard.
  3. PetiePal

PetiePal Well-Known Member

Is there any easy cut/paste method for just using the touch screen?
  4. lvlln

lvlln Well-Known Member

AFAIK, no, there isn't. It would be nice if there was a magnifying glass method like on the iPhone, because I thought that handled the copy-paste on touchscreen very well.

Unfortunately, for now, the copy-paste is limited to text boxes and apps that allow it.
  5. diddiyo

diddiyo Well-Known Member

in the browser you can do menu/more/select text and it will copy whatever you highlight without using the keyboard.
  6. Brynk

Brynk Active Member

Once copied?

can someone give the nexp part?
    How to paste<g>
  7. AZDroid

AZDroid Well-Known Member

Just go to the text field where you want to paste and long press, the paste option will pop up
  8. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

You should be able to just long press in a text area and select Paste.
  9. Brynk

Brynk Active Member

ah
    thank you
  10. mbcase

mbcase New Member

How do you copy and paste a web page link on the Motorola Droid?
    For example, I find a web site I like, and want to paste it into an email.
    The hold shift and select text doesn't work in the URL field at the top of the browser.
    Thanks in advance for any solution!
  11. ItalianScallion

ItalianScallion Well-Known Member

Long press on the address bar in the browser and you'll have two options: share page / copy page url.
  12. pinesal

pinesal Well-Known Member

Best way to do this is to share the page because that will automaticly pasted it into and e-mail or other programs that are available.
  13. mbcase

mbcase New Member

Thanks for the tips on URL pasting...I guess when in doubt on the Droid, always "long press"! ;)

One more thing...is there any way to select text on a web page without dragging your finger? It's not very easy if you don't have small fingers or nails...isn't there some way with the directional pad on the keyboard?
  14. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

i use the copy paste often and it does lack, but i get by! i notice it cuts letters out of words or whole words out of sentences! dear google FIX IT!
  15. Brynk

Brynk Active Member

How do you copy the current page's url in Dolphin?
  16. nealexus

nealexus Member

How can i copy text from e-mail message and past, for examp, to new text message???
  17. junktrunk

junktrunk Member

18. zeppelin

zeppelin Member

How do you copy a paragraph without the page moving?
  19. GlassJoe

GlassJoe Active Member

Can someone explain to me how to copy & paste something that takes up more space than the screen? If I hold shift and select the text on the screen I can't get it to scroll down to get more of the text. Is there something easy that I'm just missing?
  20. RichardOberle

RichardOberle New Member

Is similar vien... using the Yahoo Messenger can you save part or all of converstion? Cut/Paste would be ok as well... I cant get it to work... my new android phone is great, but this appears to be a big weakness... the entire cut/paste issue...even my old Window Mobile phone could do this with ease.