Cut/Paste?General

Last Updated:

1. lavendarblue

lavendarblue Member This Topic's Starter

Apparently some text were copied to my clipboard. Now how do I paste it into a document/note/email anything?

Advertisement
  2. JackButler

JackButler Well-Known Member

Tagging along, but...How do I copy them to clipboard?

3. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Press and hold when in a screen to see if there are other options. When in a text entering screen, you get things like 'Copy All', 'Cut All', 'Paste', etc. It wasn't 100% apparent to me at first, but works OK now that I've figured it out.

4. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

I have issues with pasting. I have a lot of trouble getting the paste command to actually work.

5. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

just long press on any text field and it should give you a paste option...might not work for all app (but should for most)

6. JackButler

JackButler Well-Known Member

Great tip! I always forget there is the looong press! I needed to paste something today and couldn;t figure it out. Oh well, next time!

7. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

Been doing that, I think there are some apps which must not support it, as it doesn't come up under the menu...just things like copy all, etc.

8. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

well if copy comes up that means there is nothing TO paste as your clipboard is empty.....right?

9. jmastron

jmastron Well-Known Member

I can confirm that cut and paste works for entering WiFi keys -- our WPA2 key is 64 randomly-generated characters (upper and lower case letters, numbers, special characters), which gives the tightest possible security -- I think it'd be easier to saw into my walls and intercept the wired network than to crack the wireless stream.

This wasn't an issue for regular laptops (we just keep it in a file on a USB stick that can be pasted into a dialog), but was a big problem when my wife got her iPhone last year (pre cut and paste; I don't know if iPhone can do it now). I spent a couple hours trying to get it right before finally getting all of the chars in correctly.

After trying twice by hand, I was very happy last night to realize I could email the key in the subject, then cut/paste it right in.

10. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

wpa2 was cracked.
    backtrack 4 FTW :)

11. jmastron

jmastron Well-Known Member

Yes, but only for short/guessable passwords. The examples I found were discussing time to search various dictionaries (including combinations of words), passwords made of small numbers of lower case letters, etc.

That's exactly why my key is so hard to type in -- it's a completely random mix of 63 characters, upper, lower, numbers, special chars like %^&{}@\/|, etc. You won't find any part of it in any dictionary. From everything I can find, that's still considered effectively uncrackable.

WEP, on the other hand, had inherent flaws that made even the most random key crackable.