1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

cut the rope

Last Updated:

1. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anybody got any news if this is going to come to Android, or infact, if it is available for android - Ive checked appbrain and the market but cant find it on either.

a video of the game can be found here

Advertisement
  2. No_u

No_u Well-Known Member

Looks like it's made by a single person, not a company. Then I don't think there is any hope for that coming to android :/

Tried checking the maker's blog or anything like that?

3. hydralisk

hydralisk Well-Known Member

It's made by Zepto Labs and published by Chillingo... one of the largest game publishers for iOS. As far as I know, none of their stuff has been ported to Android :(

I've emailed Zepto. We'll see what happens :)

Rob_A likes this.
  4. bealsy

bealsy Active Member

5. mousouchop

mousouchop Well-Known Member

I emailed Chillingo as well regarding this game. I certainly hope they also release it for Android. Only thing that makes me wish I had an iPhone... the apps. Android just hasn't quite caught up yet.

6. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Well-Known Member

Meh,
    when you factor in FLASH gaming in the browser, i have a feeling android has the advantage.

this game looks pretty cool tho. i would play it. but probably as much as i play Angry Birds.....which is not much at all.

7. hydralisk

hydralisk Well-Known Member

Have you tried playing a flash game on an android phone which involved any sort of moving graphics? It's terrible :( Response time after tapping is very laggy as well.

8. mousouchop

mousouchop Well-Known Member

I play the beta for AB all the time. Getting 3 stars on all of them takes some time. I will certainly be buying the full game next week. It will probably amuse me during breaks at work for months to come.

Flash gaming isn't something I would rely on for entertainment... especially on-the-go. Too glitchy, and too much of a battery drain.

I am enjoying my HTC Incredible for now-- but if Verizon gets the iPhone before my contract/upgrade is up... I have no problem paying retail for an Apple product. Especially when it gives me access to their vast library of polished apps. Unless Android catches up by then and convinces me otherwise.

REGARDING EMAILING THE COMPANY:
    I got a stock response that doesn't lead me to believe that they even read the email seeing as it was telling me that they have no way of knowing when updates will be released.... uhhh-- I didn't ask about an update. I inquired about their development plans for the Android platform.

OH WELL. -_-

9. DroidGames

DroidGames Active Member

The game is great I completed it on my iphone with all stars lol,
    I think it is going to be ported sooner or later because it's pretty successful on iphone already #1 paid app in US (and possibly many other countries)

10. diS

diS Well-Known Member

I don't think it will be a hit game on the android platform for one simple reason: multitouch.

Most phones have problems using multitouch (alot of video's on youtube that will confirm it)
    Some phones that have multitouch problems: Droid, nexus, desire, ...

11. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I emailed Chillingo asking them about the android release date and 'Jamie' replied to me with this useless email:

12. mdmitchell13

mdmitchell13 New Member

When I contacted Zeptolab who is the creators of cut the rope here is there reply:

Hi,

We are planning to port "Cut the Rope" to Android, but it will take a few months before it will be released.

Regards,
    Semyon Voinov

Zeptolab

13. mattdanielc

mattdanielc Well-Known Member

14. drdevil44

drdevil44 New Member

Hey guys

We've converted our game Cut the Cable to Android. It's just as fun as Cut the Rope - find it in the market at:

https://market.android.com/details?id=aztux.cutcable

and on our web site:

Cut the Cable

It seems Cut the Rope is never coming to Android given you've been waiting almost a year - so check out Cut the Cable instead

15. xTmDarren

xTmDarren Well-Known Member

16. jcash3

jcash3 Well-Known Member

Me neither. Looks terrible

17. ludist210

ludist210 Well-Known Member

The description of the game in the Market says that "this is a new and original game." Really? Because it looks an awful lot like Cut the Rope...green thing wants candy. You have to cut ropes...err, cables to get said candy there. Heck, the name is even close.

I don't want knock-offs (especially for that price), I want the real thing. I'll keep waiting. It's coming.

18. jcash3

jcash3 Well-Known Member

I sure as heck am not going to buy a crappy knockoff of a game for over $3 when the actual game (if it ever comes) would probably cost $1 like it did on iPhone....

19. opivy

opivy New Member