Cutoff Date for Preorders?

Last Updated:

1. Puddin422

Puddin422 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I can't seem to find it..what is the cutoff date?

Advertisement
  2. mattism78

mattism78 Well-Known Member

Pre-orders (at Sprint) expired yesterday. I haven't heard any reports from second hand retailers such as Best Buy, or Radio Shack yet though.

3. Puddin422

Rut roh! I was going to preorder at Radio Shack, so I guess I will check with them.

4. Puddin422

Ah ha! It's the 24th for Radio Shack!!

[​IMG]

xXSecretAgentXx likes this.
  5. jxr94

jxr94 Well-Known Member

Do you have to pay anything to pre order, and if so does this go towards the phone cost?

Like a $50 deposit and then pay $200 when you pick it up?

6. JoshUng

JoshUng Well-Known Member

When I got my EVO you had to buy a $50 gift card. Technially, it could be used for anything, and doesn't have to be put towards the (for example, you could get it today, use it tomorrow, then pay for the phone in cash).

Just be careful though, just because you can pre-order until the 24th, doesn't mean you will be able to. Each store will only have a few pre-orders available, and the rest will be wait listed.

I waited a week to preorder the Evo, got wait-listed at Best Buy (turned out they had enough anyway), but was able to get in at Radio Shack. Unless you don't have $50 today, you should preorder as soon as you can if you are truly interested. As people still waiting for Evo's or Incredibles if they regret waiting.

jxr94 likes this.
  7. jxr94

jxr94 Well-Known Member

Oh the money is not an issue, but thankyou for some insight there. Will go preorder it tommorow.

8. neutron

neutron Well-Known Member

If you didn't preorder it, when will it be available to order normally? I'll probably just go to the Sprint store.

I'm still trying to decide between the EVO and the Epic.

9. pjy9394

pjy9394 Member

The release date is August 31st.

Anyone have any idea if the Sprint.com's pre-order being sold out is hinting Epic shortages? I did reserve one at sprint, but I'm probably going to wait like a week to see if the prices go down.

10. Nucleartx

Nucleartx Well-Known Member

Pre-ordered at Best buy today. Was told to wait for the phone call. Looks like I was about 15th on the list though :( Radio Shack had a few less but I'm not sure if they would get the amount that BB would get in stock. Also was hoping that they might sweeten the deal by throwing in an accessory when I pick up like they did with the EVO for my friend.