Cwm 5.0.2.8General

Last Updated:

1. RYANJR1997

RYANJR1997 Member

ClockWorkMod 5.0.2.8

Scroll down to post #2 for changelog, post #3 for installation guide, and post #4 for download links.

Please read entire document before flashing. According to CyanogenMod rules, I am required to tell you all that this is an unofficial port of CyanogenMod, and you all are supposed to read the whole document under this:

CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.
    While this port is in the alpha stage, users will experience key issues. I am aware of the issue. The arrow keys on the QWERTY keyboard is used in recovery.

#Standard CM Disclaimer;
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up or hard bricking your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Please do NOT post bug reports on any issue tracker for these builds. These are UNOFFICIAL Nightly Builds of CWM5 for the Sharp FX Plus (ADS1). I repeat this is an unofficial port. If you post issues on the official CyanogenMod bug tracker, they will laugh, and delete it. Post all issues in THIS THREAD.

Credits to Developers:

The entire CyanogenMod team. You guys are awesome!
    Myself, as it is a self-built recovery. :)

All my testers (Thanks Everyone)

Private Testers Credits:
    No testers yet.

If you would like to contribute to the development of this ROM, please PM me. If you don't PM me back within a timely manner after I reply to your intial PM, I will assume you have forgotten how to use Tapatalk, and is no longer worthy of testing.
    All source code is available at https://github.com/rnorris97/sharp-ads1 . If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout the device tree, https://github.com/rnorris97/sharp-ads1
    Device Tree Source code including Gingerbread kernel source is now available https://github.com/rnorris97/sharp-ads1 for everyones viewing pleasure.

What Works?
    Everything.

Known Issues:
    Key layout problems...will be fixed in future versions.

Advertisement
    motoxxx138 likes this.
  2. RYANJR1997

RYANJR1997 Member

Changelog:

Alpha 1: Initial Release.
    motoxxx138 likes this.
  3. RYANJR1997

RYANJR1997 Member

Installation Guide:
    WARNING: It is very important that the recovery image that you use MY recovery image. If you use someone elses, there is a VERY HIGH RISK that you WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE.

Download flash_image and extract it from the zip file to a location on your computer.
    Copy the recovery image for your phone to a convenient location on your computer, preferably with a short path.
    I will be placing it on the C Drive directly (not in any folder) and using that in the next steps.
    Note: The recovery image should have .img extension. If it is in a zip file, extract the .img file from it.
    Enable USB debugging mode on your device from Menu > Settings > Applications > Development.
    Connect your device to your computer via USB.
    Open a Command Prompt window on your computer and enter the following commands:
    adb push c:\flash_image /sdcard/
    adb push c:\recovery.img /sdcard/
    adb shell
    su
    mount -o remount, rw /system
    cp /sdcard/flash_image /system/bin
    cd /system/bin
    chmod 777 flash_image
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
    This will first transfer flash_image and recovery.img to your phone. Then it will copy flash_image to the /system/bin folder of your Android device and make it executable. Finally, it will flash the custom recovery image to your device using flash_image.
    Note that we used c:\flash_image and c:\recovery.img in the first two lines as we had these files extracted at the root of our C drive. If you extracted the files elsewhere, use the appropriate paths and if your recovery image has a different name, use the appropriate name.

Reboot your device once the process is finished and you
    motoxxx138 likes this.
  4. dollah_bill

dollah_bill New Member

Noob here, this is the first time I've worked in a unix/linux/android environment. I had a little trouble at first, the cp command needed busybox in front of it, then it worked fine. Ok so I have cwm 5028 installed, I'm trying to figure out what my next step is. I used z4root to root as superoneclick 2.3.3 would just hang and I can't find a copy of superoneclick 2.2 that doesn't require downloading a download manager (which seems shady), anyway I still can't remove the bloatware. Also I'm pulling my hair out trying to find a rom. Good job with the instructions though, anyone slightly familiar with the dos shell could follow it easily enough.