• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Cwm 6.0.0.1/4/5 warning!!! Don't flash it!!

Reactions: iowabowtech
Upvote 0
Sure is nice of you guys to beta test this.

While were at it, can we get a brain sample too? :D

BTW, flashed the touch version and really don't like the interface. I'll take a dark background, thanks. :D

Also don't see a way to flash a v5 touchscreen cwm from RM, just the std version. Did I screw up?

NVM, just flashed TWRP. :D

Upvote 0
I see TWRP touch maguro 2.1.2.... but when I go to flash it, it says "toro". :D

(I'm on toro.)

Um, I think / thought I fixed that...what version of the app are you running?

My v1.5 version says "TWRP touch toro 2.1.2" in the context menu and "Flash openrecovery-toro-2.1.2.img" at the confirmation prompt.

I think that was an issue on the 1.4 version (I forgot to update the name, but the recovery was correct).

Let me know, sir! :)

edit: oops! I have an un-released version (that's still v1.5) that says that I fixed the naming issue there...(LOL, I found and fixed it when I built a "Ninja version" of the unstableapps touch recovery for Voidedsaint about a couple of weeks back (i.e., same as the Yoda version but with VS' avatar, Ryu); I didn't release it because other than the new recovery, the naming issue was all I changed--the recovery was correct, just named wrong)

Reactions: colchiro
Upvote 0
That makes sense. I uninstalled and reinstalled from Market and still had the issue. I'm on v.1.5.

How long is this beta? That's what prompted me to uninstall it, thinking there might be a stable release.

I guess I could take the "(beta)" moniker off of it (I kind of liked having it :p).

When I started it, I really didn't know if it might be useful to folks other than GNex users and wanted to make sure it was stable and worked for everyone, regardless of OS and device (so far, so good ;)).

I've got almost 10,000 downloads and more than 1,500 stable installs (not a bad percentage from my experience). Most (more than 50%) of my users are on Gingerbread believe it or not, so that means that most are not GNex users ;), which is pretty cool.

I think I've got all the kinks out of it (no recent application error reports that I haven't addressed in the most recently published version). I've got some ideas for additions and enhancements, but nothing imminent to be released.

So, I probably can drop the beta designation off of it and I'll try to do that this coming weekend.

Cheers!

Reactions: colchiro
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones